Friday, October 24, 2008

Some Day



A couple of weeks ago, my husband, Rob, and I drove to this waterfront lot on the Chesapeake Bay to dream of "Some Day." I had discovered this treasure a few days earlier and couldn't wait to share its beauty with him. I remember telling him when we arrived, "They say if you are lucky enough to live on the water. You are lucky enough." He agreed. Then I told him, "Someday, we will be this lucky. I don't know how, but someday this dream will come true. You'll see." Then we agreed that this spot along the Chesapeake was beautiful, but our little stretch of beach was going to be in Florida -- some day.

It's amazing how "Some Day" arrives in ways unexpected. My mother used to tell me, "Anything is possible!" And when the teenage girl before her would roll her eyes and respond, "Sure Mom." She would stop me firmly and say, "Think about it! ANYTHING is possible." My mother always speaks the truth I need to hear. I'm glad I decided to listen and believe. Any dream can come true if you allow it to. Our "some day" is almost here . . .

No comments: