Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home Improvement -- My New Dining Room!

My husband was busy this weekend! He did a wonderful job painting the dining room. I think I need to shop for fabric . . . these windows are begging to be dressed.
This room showcases our travels -- the artwork was purchased during our tour at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. Some of the pieces were gifts from my husband's family in Switzerland.
I love the stories this room tells. The decor keeps conversations flowing during special dinners with family and friends. The new colors (Behr Burnt Almond and Eddie Bauer Pine Needle) in the room highlight our memories much more effectively than builder-beige.
We pulled the same green from our kitchen into the dining room. The two rooms seem to get along a little better now. The art pieces here were actually purchased for the new beach house we won from MyHomeIdeas.com, but Rob and I both decided they look better here. The coastal prints help to warm up snowy days.
Here's a sneak peak of another work in progress . . . our powder room. Rob put up a chair rail over the weekend. I hung a bold art piece from Kirklands. And now, we are "testing" tile samples before we redo the floor. I'll post the full photos when this is done -- but so far, I'm pleased with the progress. This room was 100% white before. The Burnt Almond paint from the dining room really casts a cozy glow on this space.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

Good Post shared here. thanks for sharing this post and keep posting such post here in future too. it would be nice if you can share some information related to asbestos roofing here in your future posts..

Thanks,