Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Florida Memory That Led Me to MyHomeIdeas

I found some photos from our last visit to Florida. . . Interestingly, this memory was the reason I visited MyHomeIdeas in the first place. I was searching for photos of this Southern Living Idea House we visited in Tucker Bayou on the Panhandle.

My sister, Buffie, is admiring the great storage ideas in the activity room.
What a lovely place to chat with friends.
My friend Tracy admires the wine storage in the mudroom. . . this is OUR kind of mudroom.
This was the idea I was looking for the day I entered the IdeaHouse giveaway. . . I would love to recreate this bookshelf. But I had no idea the moment I first saw it would someday lead to WINNING a fabulous idea house of my own!
For the longest time this photo was the wallpaper on my computer. I LOVED the orange chair, and the TV's hideaway.
Another idea I wanted to recreate . . . hmmm, I could do this with framed scrapbook art.
Love this built-in. I think something like this would be great in my sixth grade son's room for books, and trophies and lego creations.
I'm always looking for a great place to read!
This artwork made us laugh . . . Wrong Place/Wrong Time.
This bunkroom was really fun . . . and I wonder if we could incorporate this into the new beach house somehow. My children need a place to hang out with all their cousins.
Peek-a-boo!
That's my mom (and my children's Nana) clapping along with the band while we enjoy
Drinks at a local watering hole on 30-A, I can't believe how much my daughter has grown since then . . . This was simply an amazing day. . . Who would ever guess it would lead to a dream come true?!

No comments: